Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh, Toto.

Wow.
I mean, wow.

I found a magic lamp, rubbed it, and asked the resident genie to grant me my wish of change. What a thorough genie he's proven to be!

Just so you can rest your worried heads about my whereabouts, know this: I have a roof over my head. I live with a nice hairstylist named Jenn. After my first day of new employment I am still employed, so....that's good. I, with my argyle knee socks; and they, with their name badges and security clearance and orientations and 120,000+ employees and dizzying array of buildings and traffic and cafeterias and sunrise shifts; we'll learn to co-exist.

I'm a long way from home, in more than geographical terms.
Here's to making it through to Saturday/beach/breathing/reveling in this change I chose! Huzzah!

9 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

I'm glad you have a place to live and are employed. I will visit soon. Love you

Dave said...

Knee high argyle socks? That may not be the way to start the new life.

lizdye said...

Saturday will be the best day of your life! I cannot believe you are really there!!! Oh my word, you are amazing and too cool for school in your argyle socks. I LOVE your guts and cant wait to see pictures of EVERYTHING. Please? Post pics of it all, your appt., work, street, mom, EVERYTHING!

Unknown said...

Everytime I think of you and that you won't be popping in for lunch or whatever, I get all teary. I just knew you would be spending next weekend at the beach. Hope those 79o temps hold up. We will be in the 30's here.
Mom

Unknown said...

p.s. I wish I could borrow your knee-high argyle socks for my job interview tomorrow. I'm certain they would give me the edge.....

Cara said...

Oh Stef. Wow is right. I love you too. Good luck out there. Oh, and Matt's friend Spencer Garlick (you know him, right?) moved out there a few months ago. You should look him up...with my help of course, if you want. Glad your genie granted your wish!

Melinda said...

Oh Stef- you'll do great! They'll just love you there and pretty soon they'll all be wearing argyle socks and quoting homestar runner and eating goldfish and hitting the beaches on the weekends...

We're all jealous!! Love you!

Melinda said...

Oh Cara- I didn't even realize I started the same way. hee hee

Brittney said...

It's an adventure, isn't it? I'm glad you have a home; now you can really enjoy it. Glad you're in a place you're excited about. Love.