Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11/11

It's 11/11 so I'm making a wish. Lots of wishes, actually. Because I figure on 11/11 you have 24 hours/1,440 minutes worth of wishes and that warrants a wishlist.

1--I wish I could be tan without going tanning or getting cancer (or spending money)
2--I wish to go to Thailand in December, 2010
3--I wish I had a personal chef. Not because I don't like cooking, but because I don't have time. I never eat vegetables unless it's a salad from Wendy's.
4--I wish we could all wear really light-weight, unobstructive, minimal clothing every day. Not in an effort to be immodest...but just to be less encumbered by fabric.
5--I wish I had the guts to sing on Broadway. Oh, and the talent.
6--I wish I only needed 4 hours of sleep each night.
7--I wish that by the time I have a baby they'll have figured out some other way for it to happen so I don't have to experience pain or the bizareness of a freaking HUMAN coming out of me.
8--I wish Utah weren't so landlocked.
9--I wish Obama weren't so dang electable. Well played, Democrats, well played.
10--I wish hot chocolate gave me good breath.
11--I wish I could live on a beach but there would be mountains and trees and skiing and a lake for waterskiing and all of my family and friends lived there too and we would all home school our kids together (so you only have to teach them a little bit each day) and there wouldn't be a lot of pollution or lights so you could see the stars every night and it would snow just for the month of December and have an October and November just like the one we're currently having and we wouldn't have to eat unless we really wanted to and in my job I would actually help people but in a way that's enjoyable to me and everybody would join the church and...yeah. Ahem. That about covers it.

I discovered with Laura once that when I wish on a star or on an 11:11 it's formulated more like a prayer than a wish. So now I say "11:11, make a prayer!" And most of my wish/prayers are constructed something like that last one, with very specific information and lots of it. I've seen enough movies where you have to be careful what you wish for (ala "Big", "13 Going on 30") so I don't want to leave any room for misinterpretation of what I want. It's not like I'm asking for a lot, you know?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Often I've wished for hot chocolate to give me nice sweet smelling breath. Not really- that's kinda weird. I agree with your eleventh wish minus the eating part. I'd wish for more food ingested=cuter body.

Angie said...

Your wishes started out kind of normal and got um a little weird. But I agree with the last wish (as long as I'm included)!!

tameme.81120 said...

come tomy blog. http://tamemedot81120.blogspot.com