Monday, November 9, 2009

Flight of the Majestic Eagle

Since no Halloween is complete without multiple costumes, I present the following:



You may think I look frightened. Not so. This is my fierce eagle scream, which, when hoisted by my waist (thereby cutting off most of my oxygen), sounds more like...a strange eagle warble. I'm trying to get a hold of some video so you can get the full effect.

And just because it's a fun memory for me, here's a picture of how my flight started out:



And afterward, there was a request that I do a final skate. That's when the eagle scream really came to life. I'm a mighty bird of prey.





Thanks, Natty and Ryan, for the goods.

7 comments:

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

Wow, this far exceeds my expectations. You've done us proud Stef Star! I'm glad you survived the flight. I told Sarah about your skate, and we were worried about your safety. Luckily you wore your safety harness.

Melinda said...

I'm laughing out loud looking at your face in these pictures! It's almost like I can hear your eagle scream.

Bruce: "who's that?"
Me: "I think it's Stef, but I can't really tell"
Me: "Yeah, it's Stef"
Bruce: "wow"

Lohra said...

I can understand why the children seem frightened, but what I don't get is why no one looks amused that you're hanging upside down. Black velour and another way skimpy costume.

Megan said...

Being you must be so cool.

Kaydi Paxman said...

I have so many questions for you about this. Oh how I wish I could have been an observer. Wow. You still are my hero.

lizdye said...

What the hell? You need to explain this in much more detail. Why do you have an audience? Where are you? How do you have a holster to fly you through the air???

Jen said...

I second Megan's sentiments.