Friday, September 14, 2007

To work is to live







Sometimes I feel like this.







It's been a crazy ride these last couple of weeks. I suffer from manic something, I'm sure, because my mood/personality/outlook on life shifts dramatically every 5 minutes lately. As mentioned to friends, I'm hoping the worst of that ailment is attributable to several things, namely a) New, scary job; b) Lack of sleep; c) Hormonal imbalances; d) Lack of social excitement (AKA I need a boy, dangit!); e) Pining over the loss of school..and my childhood. Thus, I think it only temporary. Patience, grasshopper.
Anyway...The job is good. I like it here and lately have actually been able to eat and, um, breathe a little bit. Still not sure this is quite what I want but since what I want doesn't exist I'm willing to give it a try. I could do without certain people telling me to pick up and move to Manhattan while I'm young and single, though--I don't need confirmation of the evil, anti-practical voices in my head.

So that's my update. Not the most scintillating post yet, and for that I apologize. Stay tuned for a dating review...I think that could be funny.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? No post about hip-hop! Fool, scintillating fool? I like that word.

A STAR is born said...

You can stalk the stalk but you can't walk the walk, sister!
Update your dang blog, man. Then I could write such scintillating comments on yours!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Bring on the dating review!

Lohra said...

Cheer up creepy old man with crazy hair and no eyes...

Anonymous said...

Dear Star,

Sadly, I do have many blog stalkers because Sarah put my link on her page...I now must uphold my blogging responsibilities and not let them down. I had something very very sad happen two nights ago and I will post about it. That's right, post is a verb. So, stay tuned for important updates. Also, I once again found a sweet Halloween costume. Why do I enjoy drag so much? Rhino must be a woman this year. PS-This hip hop class was sick! That is what Tino says. It was hard and I learned a whole dance. Too bad you are called to institute. Natty loves you...

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, and one more thing. This picture makes me ache for you. So, I must sing you a song. "Cheer up Charlie." You know thee rest

rachel said...

Hello Stef, long time never talk friend, so I haven't checked your blog since you told me you had one back in the day, and have found it very amusing as I myself have been laying on my bed, daydreaming about past boys--because I do not have any real ones now to dream about, or rather act out my dreams with--does that sound bad? Wow. long sentence. Anyway, I feel your pain, totally, on the wanting a boy--the longing has been super bad today especially, hence this post. Be grateful though darlin' as at least it looks like you have some dates goin on. Seattle is dry. Very dry. Would love to talk to you!--Rach

rachel said...

P.S.--I just kinda realized you posted this over a month ago. Oh well, it's ringing true to me right now.