Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today

Today was a good day. I got a glimpse of what it would be like to be a stay at home mom with no kids. A little of this, a little of that, total freedom, yada yada. I liked it.  Once upon a time I had a really gross schedule that looked like this. Here's the new me:

9 am - We begin with some roof time. Reading, contemplating, gardening. Take a look at some of my babies:

10:30am - Some church stuff. It's my busiest job.

12:0pm - Lunch. I have time to make BLTs!



1:30pm - Temple. I love my little pink temple, but I do not love going in the afternoon. I forget the overwhelming power of sleepytime.

3:30pm - Temple photoshoot. Why not?


5:00pm - By the sweat of my brow shall I eat my bread. *Translation: Yes, I do have to work some today.

7:30pm - More church stuff

9:00pm - Hang out. Blog. Watch Modern Family. Visit a friend.

11:30pm - Go to bed smiling.

Can you believe this fairytale? Me neither. And you shouldn't, because this is by no means a typical day. Though my life is sooooo much better than it was, my semi-retirement has actually been much, much busier than I thought (thank you, Bishop) and that makes today a nice little treat. I really love where I live and I love when I have the time to love it.

I went to Yosemite last weekend! Remind me to blog about that. I've learned much about California and hiking vs. Utah and hiking. Remind me, ok?

4 comments:

Candice said...

What a lovely day.

I haven't been to Yosemite since I was in science camp in 5th grade. It was awesome then. How lucky are you. Can't wait to see the post on it.

Cara said...

Glad you had such a nice day. We could all use days like that every so often. I fear it won't happen for me until all my kids move out of the house...

Katherine Lewis said...

That day actually brightened my own day. I, too, love days like that. I'm glad you were able to realize in the moment what a great day it was.

What did the Bishop ask you to do that makes you so busy? RS Pres?

Shannon said...

I forgot you went to Yosemite! Can't wait to hear about it. The stay at home mom with no kids job exists in my dreams too but man am I glad you get to glimpse it every now and then.