Monday, February 14, 2011

These days

I realize my blogging of late has not been fantastic....in fact, my mom told me that if I don't start blogging again I would have to join Facebook. And since none of us wants that to happen, I must obey by posting something.

I've been meaning to post about my New Year's Eve this year. I didn't hate it, which is newsworthy! In fact, I loved it. Some of the single ladies got the idea to stay in a hotel and hot tub 2010 away, and it was perfect. We ate Indian food, which was amazing, and then battled the freezing cold but beautiful January snow to our hotel and stayed there the rest of the night. I got really hyper and we ate peppermint ice cream in a hot tub, which is totally illegal but definitely worth the risk. Some pics:

Pre hot tub, sans pants.

Have I mentioned I look 12 when wet?

Gretchen kept drowning me.
No really, she was drowning me. We all thought it was hilarious, I guess.


Midnight! I mysteriously disappeared at this point.

A coupla weeks ago I went with some friends to Mexico for lunch, "just because we can." 
Some highlights:
--Not getting beheaded
--Best horchata I've ever had
--Donkeys painted like zebras are all the rage over there
--Crossing the border into Mexico feels like entering Disneyland or something because you literally walk through a turnstile and you're there. We didn't even have to show our passports. In fact, the sign that points the way says "West Parking lot and Mexico." No big deal.
--Spence bought us giant sombreros and made us wear them the whole way home. People cheered us on as we walked by, thinking to themselves (and sometimes aloud) "you can always tell the ones who've had too much to drink." Little did they know we're just a bunch of Mormon kids who are all hopped up on horchata.

We're using this as our engagement pic.

Other things of note: I did a small floral job recently. I'm trying to slowly work my way back into doing floral design, so spread the word if you know of anyone who needs flowers. Here are some shots of the latest, which were used in a photo shoot for an interior design firm:


Hmmmm....what else?
I just got back from San Diego with my parents this weekend. I really loved San Diego! I was worried about us having enough to do, but we had plenty. Go there. Go there now. Highlights:
--Coronado
--Old-fashioned candy on Coronado. Necco wafers, black licorice, and even these Italian seltzer candies I've been looking for allover the place! Yes, I meant to write allover as one word.
--My dad's reaction to the big aircraft carrier we happened upon. Picture 10-year-old excitement trapped in a mature adult's brain and vocabulary, and you get this: "That is...really cool..." repeated about 10 times. Very cute. 
--She crab soup 
--Vacation Mom
--The ward choir at the sacrament meeting we visited was AMAZING. They only had about 10 people singing, but they had this rocking organ player and they seriously gave me goosebumps. I couldn't believe it. It would have been even cooler if my mom had walked up there to sing with them like I dared her to, but oh well.

I've been kind of all over the place lately--I went to Vegas to see Maria last weekend (which was super fun and I can't wait for her to bring back the shoes we bought to share--we're the Sisterhood of the Traveling Shoes); to St. George before that with my ladies from Utah (which was also super fun, in that way that only exists with people you've known forever and love forever and ever amen), and now I'm tired so I'm going to bed. 

PS The weather in the last month has been exactly what I changed my entire life to move here for.

3 comments:

Michael said...

You remind me of me when I get really tired. Like I am right now. -Allie

Melinda said...

I love your faces in the hot tub and with the giant sombreo's..so happy!

Kaydi Paxman said...

I like you. Not in a creepy blog stalking sort of way.