Monday, January 11, 2010

The weekends....the weekends

I'm living a schizophrenic existence.
Weekdays = Dreary. Boring. Owned by The Man.
Weekends = Bliss.

Here's proof.
Me on a workday:


Me on the weekend:


Ok, so this weekend was superb. Brayden the Mighty Asian came to visit and...well...we get along great. This is us:





We hung out under here:


...which reminds me of this part in Baywatch where Hobie has his whole no-dialogue-bad-music-way-too-long scene with footage of him jetskiing and running shirtless and kissing a girl under a pier. Or maybe it was Saved By The Bell. Anyway, under the pier is hot.

We watched a progressively beautiful sunset:



And Brayden graciously offered to herd a bunch of birds my direction so I could pursue my wildlife photography career.
I think these are sandpipers, little baby ones. I like the big ones. I can watch them go all jack-hammer crazy in the sand for hours. I'm just waiting for one to strike oil, or, strike something hard and break off their skinny beaks. Gross.




He'll make a fine shephard some day.

So pretty much that's it for pictures. Blogging takes forever.

Other highlights:
--Delicious Japanese food, prepared by Brayden
--Sleeping in, sort of
--My first HB volleyball game!
--Chronic Taco
--Baby vegetables and mini cakes
--New basket for my bike. My bike! I forgot to get a picture of it!!! I will very soon.
--
Dairy Queen. Don't ask me why, but Dairy Queen was my favorite part.

It was a good weekend. Thanks, Sir Brayden.

PS I had a lovely weekend with some of the girls last week, but failed to bust out the camera. If anybody provides me with pictures, I'll post those too!

10 comments:

Candice said...

I'm glad you found the Chronic. Yum

Jaime Perry said...

Your asian friend and I became very close at church... Bring him around more often.

Shannon said...

Hung out under the pier, huh?

blogging tip: change your posting format. It's the last setting, I believe, and is much more user friendly, especially for uploading pics

Lohra said...

Wow, when do I get a post dedicated to me like this? I'll never be Asian cool.

Katherine Lewis said...

Oh, I wish I lived in CA and could go to the beach in January. I think that heaven will be warm all year long. Except in McCall's heaven because she and Mark will need snow. I love when I discover your blog every few months. I smile the whole time. I miss you!

Angie said...

It's so good to see pictures of you!! The beach looks great!

eric + ashlee said...

I still can't believe you have a beach at your resource whenever you want.

haven said...

Nice pics! Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

R. Jay said...

Hello! Just bloghopping. Great blog!

Happy blogging! :)

Kitty said...

your post made me smile. :)