Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday's Warriors

Well, it's Saturday. And I'm working. Correction: I'm at work, but doing very little actual work.
This business might kill me. I love my job and the people with whom I work, but I don't know how long I can stand working in this volatile advertising world. There's absolutely no security, no predictability, and the clients control your lives.
Maybe I'm just not cut out for work. The problem, though, is that everybody my age says that. We all think we're somehow above the 9-5. How does one gain the work ethic that seems to come naturally in older generations? My Peter Pan complex has seriously inhibited my productivity.

On that note, I'm craving a slip n' slide. On my lunch break. Today. Which is Saturday. Anybody up for it?

1 comment:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

You know I love to slip 'n slide. I'm pretty sure your lunch break is over. If not, where should I meet you and what time?