Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Pittance

Write whatever I'm thinking: 3..2..1....contact:
1) The clouds are bleeding today. I know that sounds like some sort of poetic attempt at describing rain, but it's not. They looked like jellyfish--all poofy on top and droopy-streaky on the bottom. That I've never seen before, or maybe noticed. I wonder if it's normal to think everything strange I see is a sign of some sort. Bleeding clouds=freaky Utah storm, the likes of which we've never known=End of The World.
2) I did laundry a week ago. It's still sitting on my floor. I'm pretty sure after that long you just give up and declare the clean laundry dirty laundry and start over. Except I don't think I can let my jeans get any tighter. I mean, they're tight enough after one wash. Imagine a double wash. Just imagine!
3) My superior sense of smell has kicked into high gear lately, and I can't get enough of the smells of summer. Sprinklers on grass in the sun? Man. I'm nearly drunk from it.
4) I won (aka lost) credit card roulette the other day. I can no longer say I never win anything.
5) I'm currently amazed at how quickly peoples' lives can change. It helps us stay sane to think that there's any measure of security in the lives we lead, that each day will be relatively similar to the last. But occasionally a wake up call cuts through all of that and drives home the idea that existence is fragile. Routine is fragile. And foresight can only take you so far.
6) Pretending to be sad makes you actually sad. Take my word for it.
7) I'm kind of done with blogging sometimes. Not today times, but sometimes.

7 comments:

Kaydi Paxman said...

don't be done with blogging, I like your blogging, and I like you. Oh- and you don't have to rewash the clothes as long as you rotate where the pile lays from time to time.

Lohra said...

Listen to Kaydi. She's married now. She knows these things.

Cara said...

Please don't quit blogging. It's the only contact I have with you practically and I do so enjoy your random thoughts!

lizdye said...

I love to read how you right. I hope you are having fun in PC right now. I wish I were there but I have been away from my casa for like 2 weeks so I need some down time...too bad it falls on the 4th. Thanks for sharing the random thoughts you have, you reminded me to be grateful for the time in my life right now. Love ya

lizdye said...

By right I means write.

lizdye said...

And by means I mean "Mean"

Brittney said...

I'm so glad you wrote "3,2,1, contact." I loved that show.