Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Peeves

Pet peeves, as requested by Cara:
1) People who think they have me figured out...and don't
2) Rhythmic noises, like tapping or clicking or gum chewing or anything like that.
3) Flakiness. Not like buttery roll flakiness, but more like people not doing what they say they'll do.
4) "Without a shadow of a doubt", "with every fiber of my being", "I would be ungrateful if I didn't stand up here today", "nourish and strengthen our bodies", "the 3 Nephites were standing behind her when the killer opened her door" and other church cliches. Yes, I'm very critical at church sometimes. Isn't that awesome?
5) Habitual negativity
6) Papyrus typeface

This post put me in a bad mood. Particularly because I, at any given time, am guilty of any or all of the above trespasses (except #6. Never #6). So now I will write some things I really like, just to make myself feel better:
1) Nice lettering on signs and posters...good design anywhere, really.
2) Beautiful, thought-provoking movies like Big Fish and and O Brother, Where Art Thou and Stranger Than Fiction (watch that for a good design example, too!)
3) Giving the perfect gift
4) Good friends
5) Big tips
6) Sunny birthdays
7) Tater tots
8) Freesia
9) Rainy days for reading and Jolly Time kettle corn
10) My artist alter-ego name: Stella Sanchez

I'm not tagging anyone specific, but feel free to pet peeve post (or good things post) if you desire.

11 comments:

Cara said...

Stella, thanks for doing my pet peeves tag. I think that's the last tag I'll make up. Good idea on the good things list too. Maybe I'll take you up on that idea and add it to my blog. Oh, and I tried you brownies and they were DELICIOUS! I love that it makes a whole cookie sheet of brownies. That will be the first thing on my good things list: an entire cookie sheet full of brownies.

Brittney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittney said...

I, too, disdain cliches at church, especially the one about being ungrateful (like during testimony meeting). It's like saying if they don't tell everyone they've had a feeling that means they didn't have the feeling. It's not even logical.

Unknown said...

Way to utilize the hyperlink.
-candice

Lohra said...

I hate habitually negative people too! Actually, I was one just a few years ago. Maybe that's why I hated myself.

Anonymous said...

"With every fiber of my being" I loved your post. You seriously crack me up, I can't get enough.

P.S. Great talk today!

A STAR is born said...

Does anybody else get REALLY curious when a comment is deleted? I know it's probably just a duplicate or something, but the more dramatic part of me thinks "oooh...somebody said something terrible in haste and then thought better of it", or...maybe they wanted to share something intimate with me and then chickened out at the last minute....
By all means, keep me interested by deleting comments every now and then.

Brittney said...

In this case, I was just correcting some grammar. My deleted post said basically the same thing as the one I left. Not to disappoint you or anything...

Shannon said...

Remember how I love Papyrus font? And remember how I just told the nephite story last week and remember how I just told the world through my blog that I'm a flake? Looks like I'M your pet peeve.

Megan said...

I love when people say, "My heart is just beating so fast, I had to get up here..." I see no correlation between those two things. But I, too, LOVE freesia. Good choice. And agreed on the comment deleted..Maybe it was an old boyfriend who wanted to reconnect but then got nervous. :)

Cara said...

Stef, I sent you an e-mail to your hotmail account. Please check it.