Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Del Doce


Today I ate 12 tacos.
If you ever want me to do something ridiculous, just tell me that I can't. Then sit back and watch while I cause myself physical pain just to prove I can.

I love my job and I love the people I work with. Some of the boys started a club called Del Doce. Thank goodness I speak Spanish so I can translate that for you: It means "of the twelve". More accurately and less literally, it means that you can eat a dozen of Del Taco's finest cat meat tacos. I, my friends, am the first and only female member to join.
I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say that one has to be real hungry to really enjoy anything from Del Taco in the first place, but even intense, ferocious hunger wears off by Taco 8. From there it's just sheer willpower. And the stifling of gag reflexes.

I'd like to thank the following:
Brett, Chris, and Craig--The originals
Matt J. for telling me I couldn't eat more than 6.5
Crystal for staying with me through the dark hours of Taco 10
Del Scorcho...without which I would not make it past the first bite.

8 comments:

Lohra said...

Wow...my friends are...inspiring...

Anonymous said...

Wow, hope it was worth it! Do those simming suits still fit?
This is your Mom commenting, not Shannon.

Cara said...

That's something to be proud of Stef. We need to go out to lunch with Min and Ash... how about Mexican?

Brittney said...

What else can you eat twelve of?

Melinda said...

you're my inspiration. Can outsiders attempt the challenge?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Impressive! Come to think of it, I'm a member of the Del Doce several times over and didn't even know it. I'll think of you next time I'm enshrined...

Carly said...

ha ha ha. I love it.

Amy said...

Woah, it's one thing to be able to pack it in. It's another thing entirely to pack that high quality stuff in. Very impressive!