Monday, October 15, 2007

And the pedulum swings. I don't know how to spell pendulum


Yeah! What goes up must come down. And vice versa, apparantly.
The wallowing is over for now. That's the point of wallowing, you know, just to take some time out for girly feelings and then wake up and feel better. I should probably do another dating review because I actually have good things to report, but I'll wait until I have some sort of train wreck story because the entertainment value goes way up every time I strike out. You're welcome.

Tonight I feel like taking the pulse of America. How are you, everybody? How many of you read this? Are any of you boys? I sure hope not.
I have an actual question. Feel free to answer through comments or any more creative means you have at your disposal.

If you were to retire right now, what would you do with your time?
I think I would do the following: The numbers are jacked because I changed my mind a lot and I'm lazy.
1) Travel
1) Freelance graphic design
2) Flowers
3) Catering
4) Watch other people's babies. I know some of you are laughing at this right now, but I have a Favorite Aunt trophy to reclaim every year and it's getting dusty.
5) Make my own babies. Heh heh. Sorry, Mom, if you read this
7) Write THE book
8) Become a scriptorian. Scripturian? Centurion?
9) All those good Mormony things everybody seems to do, like refurbish furniture, sew drapes, can stuff, make pie (I don't even really like pie. I would make it so I could have those cinnamon sugar crusty pie crust things), make children, frame pictures and own a real set of sheets.
10) Racquetball. It's been way too long.

So there you go. Answer at will. Love you forever, hope you never die.

5 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

If I were to retire right now I would(in no particular order):
A) travel
B) go to culinary school and open a bakery or cafe
C) read books all day long
D) take piano and voice lessons
E) start a non-profit organization where I travel the world and help other countries with socio-economical issues
F)run for political office

BTW, Syden would like to play sometime. "Shae, remember that friend I stung like a jellyfish while swimming? I want to see her again."

Lohra said...

Stef...are you talking about making babies and actually keeping them...or just making them?

Shannon said...

--TrAvEl!
--Do some good ol' humanitarian work in another country
--Learn another language (probably Spanish)
--Spend more time stalking guys, maybe I'll actually catch one that way
--Move to a different state--I'm way too Utahn
--See my neicers and nephers more

Anonymous said...

If I had no commitments to jobs and money and husbands and securing a good future for children...then I want to do this.
-Probably move to some cliche place like Italy and live, just live and travel for at least a month and see where the world takes me.
-With this I never want to shower and take on the european smell
-Volunteer w/ small kiddies that don't have parents...I too love the babies, and have sadly never won a favorite Aunt award
-Definitely learn how to just hammer out a wonderful piano piece and just lose yourself in it...I can play two songs
-Become an avid biker
-Last but not least, move to an exotic location and open a small rental/food shack

rachel said...

Stef! What's going on that's making the pendulum swing?! I have heard something about a particular boy that is a good friend of mine..but that was a little while ago--actually it was one of your blog entries,and I have no idea if anything has happened there--maybe you know who I'm talking about? I hope he is the reason! Would love to get an update!