Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dancing Queen

Well, I've found my calling in life. I suppose I've always known it, but today it's been made quite clear that I was put on this earth to dance. At people's weddings.

I've earned far too much face time on cameras doing this (most of you readers are probably nodding your heads because you've seen me plastered all over your wedding videos) and it's slightly embarrassing, because I'm usually not an integral part of anyone's wedding party. But my only defense is this: When I ask what I can do to help with someone's wedding, the inevitable response is "Dance!" Apparently there is a great need for young single girls to dance like it's going out of style so that the marriage will be successful. Those who know me know that this is a job I can do.

And, brides of the world, I am happy to do so. If I accomplish nothing more than occupying a 12x12 dance floor for 2 hours of your special day, then I've succeeded in this life.

2 comments:

Lohra said...

Heck yeah! I've been at some of those weddings. I'll sign you up for mine...right after you take my community ed breakdancing class.

P.S. Area 51 needs you. Area 51 and my washed up 80s club dancing life.

Candice said...

I second that. You bring out the Dancing Queen in all of us.