Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Golden

The pinnacle has been realized.
The summit of my existence has been officially conquered, and the view from up here is pretty sweet. Now what, you say? Now we review. Here is what made my golden birthday one for the memory books. Or the memory keeper's daughter...I can't really remember:

1) I challenged one of my fears. Several times.



(Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by the Crash Test Dummies)




2) 4 Non Blondes, performed by one pretend blonde:




3) The Lawrence Welk Show....complete with tiny hands.


(Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

4) Such awesomely talented people, everywhere.




5) It did not rain.
6) I received a Highschool Musical clock.
7) My hair didn't catch fire on the cake, all ablaze with 27 candles. That's a whole mess of fire, man.




8) The D.I. pulled through for me again, like it always does.
9) I might live to see age 28. But if I don't, it's ok because I really really liked this birthday.

7 comments:

Rich Family said...

So I read your title and it hit me that I missed your birthday. What an awful friend I am. I am so sorry. I am glad you had a wonderful day and that it did not rain. So happy very late birthday!

Lohra said...

That party was pretty sweet I guess -- overcoming fears, performing live in front of hordes of musical one-uppers -- but it doesn't really compare to that magical midnight hour -- muffled birthday wishes, giddy birthday joy, and rides down the stairs in a blanket cocoon...

Katrina said...

I'm so glad I don't have to see Mr. Whack-a-mole anymore when I check your blog. THANK YOU!!

Angie said...

Hey Cuzzy!! Your blog rocks and is hilarious! I'm now an avid reader. So say a lot:) Shannon gave me your blog address. Happy Birthday, BTW. I loved the stories about you and Shannon, I laughed through the whole thing!!

Paige said...

Happy late Birthday! The party looks like a blast!

Melinda said...

and golden it was! The real question is who loved it more- you or carly?

lizdye said...

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! Lets do it again.